Will CBD edibles make me gain weight?
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is a compound extracted from cannabis plants. CBD has the approval of the Food and Drug Administration of the US to treat epilepsy, pain, anxiety, depression and nausea.
However, its continuous use raises some questions like how will it affect the hunger of its user?
Ingesting or smoking cannabis itself can cause munchies (a spike in appetite). So, does CBD also have the same effect? Can infusion of CBD lead to weight gain?
Cannabis plants contain over 100 cannabidiols. However, their psychoactive and therapeutic effects are mostly unknown. Research is currently only available for CBD and tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC–the most popular cannabinoids. THC gets the user high, but CBD does not, and they each alter the user's appetite in distinct ways.
THC raises the ghrelin hormone that causes hunger in its user. Ghrelin hormone is naturally generated when the stomach of a person is empty. This hormone subsequently stimulates the brain to create the typical hunger sensation.
However, THC triggers hunger in its user by increasing ghrelin even when the stomach is full. THC also boosts the sense of taste and smell; therefore, its users are inclined to eat more.
Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive, which means it does not provide the “high” commonly associated with marijuana. As a result, CBD is ideal for medicinal marijuana users seeking the advantages of marijuana.
CBD oil treatment for many illnesses is becoming more popular owing to its simplicity of use and efficacy. CBD oil, like many other cannabis oils, is derived from cannabis plants or hemp extraction. Generally, CBD disturbs the cannabinoid receptors to regulate inflammatory and anxious responses. It also shakes metabolism to control hunger.
CBD oil offers outstanding benefits to its consumers, including the ability to start losing weight by controlling hormone levels and stimulating body metabolism. Here are a few of its effects that aid in weight loss:
- To regulate appetite and control the intake of calories, CBD is a valuable ally. It is true that CBD aids with weight loss., as a study in 2011 showed that all rats who were taking CBD ate significantly less food than the control group.
- It also increases the synthesis of leptin, a hormone that sends signals to the brain that your stomach is full, preventing you from eating more.
- It also increases metabolism, which helps burn more calories, ultimately leading to weight loss.
- A study in 2015 showed that CBD increases the breakdown of body fats. People who took pure CBD had brown fat cells or free fatty acid. Brown fat cells generate more heat than burn calories.
- CBD oil enhances wakefulness, increases energy in the body and motivates more exercise, which helps in weight loss.
- Cortisol is a stress hormone that triggers body weight if it remains unchecked. CBD helps to control cortisol by reducing stress and anxiety.
- CBD also aids in the reduction of bodily inflammation, which leads to weight gain.
- Inflammation and discomfort, on the other hand, undermine motivation to live an active and healthy lifestyle. While non-intoxicating, cannabis products offer pain relief from body aches, arthritis, and other chronic conditions.
We Offer Quality!
At WeedRepublic, we are focused on providing the best CBD products at the right price. Our motto is to provide the best quality CBD products to all our customers.
To get maximum benefits from our cannabis products and reduce body weight, one can use them in the following ways:-
- Use CBD oil in the morning coffee or smoothie to boost your energy and control your appetite.
- Oil Capsules. It’s the most convenient way of taking cannabis. However, make sure that you are taking the correct dosage.
- CBD gummies. This can be had with your meals, especially if you dislike the taste of CBD oil.
All the cannabis products mentioned above are available on our website.