Suffering Sleep Disruption? Does CBD Work As A Sleep Aid, Get The Facts!
The daily routine, work, family, and children keep us under constant stress. One of the most common problems that anxiety and fatigue cause is loss of sleep. This disorder can be related to both psychological and physiological problems. Around 60 million of the US adult population suffers from one of the most common sleep disorders called insomnia. Loss of sleep affects our nervous system. Our body needs to sleep to relax, recovering the energy lost previously, our brain needs rest to be able to recharge and function properly again. If we do not sleep enough our body does not rest, the functioning of our brain can be slower than normal. In these cases, we can also show a lack of concentration and lack of desire and motivation. Some sleep disorders are:
- Insomnia - Can be chronic or short term
- Sleep Apnea - You cannot breathe from time to time and this makes you get up from the sleep
- Narcolepsy - This is also called sleep paralysis when you cannot control your sleep. You can fall asleep during breakfast or while driving.
- Restless Legs Syndrome - You have to move your legs constantly which does not let you rest.
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder - In sleep you are not calm, you move, you talk, and act.
The Endocannabinoid System and Sleep
The endocannabinoid system greatly affects how we feel about our work and how we focus and concentrate during the day. Our body can produce compounds very close to cannabis. The endocannabinoid system affects our sleep, can affect the appetite, mood Endocannabinoid signals regulate our neurological system and affect very similar to what cannabis can have on human beings. If these signals are affected our brain does not send necessary signals to our body and some disorders can be caused. As has been mentioned above one of the most common disorders is a sleep disorder. Some studies claim the connection and interaction between CBD and ECS. CBD can reduce ECS disorders. More research is still needed to find out how strong CBD's effect on these types of disorders. However, practical uses already show desirable results.
Most Common Causes of Sleep Disorders
Sleep is essential for our physical and mental well-being. Studies have shown that the perfect sleep duration in adults is between 7 and 8 hours. However, what if this balance is altered? Sometimes we do not control our sleep habits and are surprised why these habits are altered. Here you can find some common causes of sleep disorders:
- The night shift job
- Stress, anxiety, and fatigue
- Physical disorders
- Genetic issues (like narcolepsy)
The above-mentioned causes are not the only ones. There are hundreds of other causes that can cause sleep disorders. Loss of sleep can be a consequence of many factors. It also depends a lot on the person. Individual factors can lure different agents that can negatively affect our sleep patterns. We cannot neglect the sleep disorder that can turn into something really dangerous for our well-being. There are some tips to treat sleep disorders such as:
- create a sleep routine
- spend time in nature
- balanced diet
However, we should not forget about the importance of enhancing our diet with natural elements that can be positive solutions to the issue. For instance, CBD functions as a natural stress reliever. Stress is one of the main causes of sleep disorder, thus CBD can reduce the issue that causes this malady. The most comfortable to take in CBD products are CBD edibles.
Why CBD Edibles Are More Effective for Sleep
The use of CBD edibles to treat sleep distortions is becoming more popular every day. While some are still showering to understand what it is, others are already benefiting from the results.
- The first reason to use CBD edibles to treat sleep distortion is that they have very few side effects.
- CBD edible uses are broad. This means that you have quite a large variety of products to choose from and adapt to your taste and necessity.
- CBD edibles have a long-lasting effect. Other solutions can treat the issue on a short-term basis. You can have from 6 to 8 hours of relaxed sleep after having taken a CBD edible. Depends also on the dose and strength of the product, and also if you use it systematically or it is an occasional use of the element.
- You can afford CBD edibles as they are not very expensive.
How Much CBD Edibles You Should Take for Sleep.
Studies show that starting from 40 mg of CBD can help to increase sleep duration. The cortisol ascent in the evening is one of the causes of why we cannot fall asleep or why we wake up several times during the night. Studies claim that between 400 and 600 mg of CBD can help you get a peaceful and relaxing sleep.
Nevertheless, before taking the CBD for sleep it is always better to consult with your doctor. If you are a newbie, your doctor will probably advise you to start with a lower dose of like 10 mg. For people who exercise, the dose may go up a bit more, and those who are already taking CBD may need to change the dose to have more effective results. The amount of CBD we have to take also depends on the type of product we are using, whether they are essential oils or gummies or are for smoking. The conclusion is one: discuss it with a professional.
What to Consider before Using Cannabis for Sleep
Before taking any solution we have to examine how our body is, how healthy we are. Some chronic diseases or some allergies can be negatively affected. Here are some points to consider before using Cannabis for sleep:
- Consult with a professional - You should ask for advice because there could be complications if you start taking CBD for sleep disorders on your own. If you are using any other medications you should be aware of these two components do not reject each other.
- Find the strain that is adequate for your case - There are lots of different CBD-based products. you should find the correct solution for you.
- Start with a low dose - Do not feel free to take the dose that a friend or a familiar takes. If you are a starter, stick to a lower dose. If it works for you well done, if not you are always in time to change the dose or the product.
- Consider all the side effects - We have already mentioned that CBD solutions show few side effects which seem not to be too important. However you should consider them all and in the case, you experience one consult the doctor.
Sleep distortion has different causes but the effect is the same on our body and our brain. We do not rest to recover and gain the lost energy. From day to day our body loses strength and we are stressed. Our concentration levels are not the same, we cannot focus on our duties and our life seems so boring and tiring. We should take care of our bodies and mind and find solutions to the issue. One of the solutions is CBD, which is claimed to have miraculous effects on our health.The advice is one: BE RESPONSIBLE WITH THE USE OF CBD EDIBLES, GET THE MAXIMUM POSITIVE EFFECT FROM THEM, AND GOOD LUCK!