Your cart is currently empty.
Grandma's Cannabis | How to Make Cannabis Tincture
WHAT IS A TINCTURE?
WHAT A WEED TINCTURE CAN DO FOR YOU
HOW TO MAKE THC TINCTURE
- Get Grindin’! About 5 grams of bud or 30 grams of the shakey leaf should do it. Give it a fine consistency.
- Ready to roast. Bake your leaves at about 40 degrees in the oven, until crisp. This preserves the terpenes, or character, of the THC molecules.
- Add the spirits. About 250ccs of above 150 proof grain alcohol. Yee-ha!
- Let ‘er soak. Store your tincture at about room temperature, in the dark and in a glass container. You will want to shake, shake, shake that senora once a day over the three weeks it takes for your tincture to crystallize.
- No strain, no gain! Strain the tincture using – ta-da – an ordinary coffee filter!
HOW TO USE CANNABIS TINCTURES
QUESTIONS ABOUT MARIJUANA TINCTURES
OTHER WAYS TO CONSUME
MEDICAL MARIJUANA TINCTURES
Medical Marijuana patients use tincture to manage anxiety issues, stress, pain, insomnia, and many other symptoms. The best – well, maybe not best but definitely cool - part is, it can also be used topically for bug bites or disinfecting cuts and scrapes. So, your next question probably is…
HOW LONG DO TINCTURES LAST?
MORE FUN WITH CANNABIS TINCTURES
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon flavoring – baker’s choice
- 2-3 Tablespoons Cannabis Tincture
- And here’s how you make the magic!:
- Mix and match, baby! Mix the sugar, corn syrup and water over medium-high - no pun intended- heat in a medium saucepan.
- Like Bob sang, Stir It Up! Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Once boiled, don’t stir, babe. Instead, stick in a candy thermometer.
- When the thermometer reaches 300F, remove the pan but not the thermometer.
- Once it’s cooled down to 250F on the thermos, add the flavoring and tincture and keep stirring.
- Then pour your concoction into lollipop molds - don’t forget to buy them before you start cookin’!
THREE CHEERS FOR THC TINCTURES
Written by Megan Medeiros (BA)
Megan Medeiros has a bachelor’s degree in English and is currently working on a master’s in English at James Madison University. She's the owner and operator of Medeiros Writing, and has been working as a cannabis writer for the past three years, mostly following the legal climate of marijuana, especially in areas like California, Colorado, Oregon, Canada, and other legal areas.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page. All photos were sourced from Pinterest.com | updated 2021
Leave a Comment
Stay home & get your daily
needs from our shop
Start You'r Daily Shopping with Nest Mart
Best prices & offers
Orders $50 or more
24/7 amazing services
Great daily deal
When you sign up
Within 30 days