Your cart is currently empty.
CBD for Pets | CBD Treats for Pets | CBD Oil for Pets
CBD For Pets106 products
- Best selling
- Alphabetically, A-Z
- Alphabetically, Z-A
- Price, low to high
- Price, high to low
- Date, old to new
- Date, new to old
Picture this: your beloved pet is suffering from anxiety or pain, and you're desperately searching for a natural solution. Enter the world of CBD for pets.
As people increasingly turn to CBD for their own health issues, one wonders if these same advantages could be extended to our beloved animal companions. In this blog post, we'll investigate the potential advantages of using CBD for pets and how it works with their endocannabinoid system, as well as recent research findings on canine subjects and other possible benefits that may come from adding CBD to your pet's wellness regimen.
We'll also discuss recent research findings on canine subjects and other potential benefits that may arise from incorporating CBD products into your pet's wellness routine. Finally, we'll touch upon the challenges faced by the veterinary medicine field in regard to cannabis-related substances.
So join us as we embark on an enlightening journey through the fascinating realm of CBD for pets – a topic that could potentially revolutionize animal healthcare as we know it today.
CBD for Pets: Benefits and Common Uses
Let's dive into the world of CBD for pets. As more people discover the benefits of cannabis, CBD, Delta 8, and Delta 9, our furry friends are also reaping the rewards. In this section, we'll examine the potential advantages of introducing CBD products into your pet's lifestyle.
Reducing Anxiety in Pets
Anxiety is a widespread issue among animals, especially during thunderstorms or fireworks displays. CBD has shown promise in helping to calm anxious pets by interacting with their body's natural endocannabinoid system - similar to how it works in humans.
Pain Relief with CBD
No one likes seeing their beloved pet suffer from pain due to injury or chronic conditions like arthritis. Luckily, studies have indicated that CBD may provide natural pain relief without harmful side effects often associated with traditional medications.
Promoting Bone Healing
Bone fractures can be painful and slow to heal; however, recent research suggests that using CBD for bone healing could potentially speed up recovery time.
Treating Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
If your fur baby suffers from IBD symptoms such as vomiting or diarrhea frequently, research has shown that CBD may help reduce inflammation and restore normal gut function in pets with IBD.
Did you know that CBD possesses antimicrobial properties? This means it could potentially aid in fighting infections, keeping your pet healthy and happy.
Understanding How CBD Works in Animals
As a pet parent, it's essential to understand how CBD works in animals.
CBD interacts with their endocannabinoid system (ECS), just like humans.
The ECS is an essential element for maintaining balance in various bodily functions, such as mood regulation, sensation of pain, eating habits and sleep.
- Cytochrome P450: A key factor to consider is that CBD inhibits a chemical called cytochrome P450. This enzyme metabolizes many medications your pet may be taking.
This interaction could affect the efficacy of certain drugs or cause side effects if not monitored closely by your veterinarian.
, including dogs and cats, have shown positive results using CBD for various conditions; however, more research is needed to fully understand its effectiveness and potential side effects.
Potential Side Effects of Using CBD Products for Pets
We know you want what's best for your fur baby.
While most pets tolerate CBD well without any significant adverse reactions,
suggests some possible mild side effects such as diarrhea or drowsiness when given high doses.
It's crucial to start with a low dose and gradually increase it under your veterinarian's guidance.
Remember, always consult with your vet before introducing CBD products into your pet's routine.
Finding the Right CBD Product for Your Pet
With so many options available, how do you choose?
Selecting high-quality CBD products for pets is essential to ensure their safety and effectiveness.
- Purity: Look for organic, pesticide-free hemp-derived CBD oil without any added artificial ingredients or fillers.
- Certificates of Analysis (COA): Reputable companies provide third-party lab test results that confirm the producta€™s potency and purity.
Your pet deserves nothing but the best. So take time researching brands and consulting with professionals before making a decision.
Research Findings on Canine Subjects
Let's dive into the world of scientific research to understand how CBD affects our furry friends.
Two recent double-blind placebo-controlled dog studies have shown promising results, with CBD significantly reducing itchiness in canine subjects. This is a boon for those with pets who are in search of an all-natural remedy to their canine's skin problems.
- Anxiety and Noise Reactivity:
Beyond these studies, there is also anecdotal evidence suggesting that CBD may help dogs cope with anxiety and noise reactivity. Pet owners report observing positive changes in their pets during stressful situations like thunderstorms or fireworks displays after administering CBD products. However, it's important to note that no controlled studies have proven its effectiveness specifically for these conditions yet - so more research is needed.
- Cancer Treatment Support:
In some cases, veterinarians are even recommending CBD as part of cancer treatment support plans for dogs. A 2018 study found that cannabidiol could potentially inhibit tumor cell growth while promoting apoptosis (cell death) in certain types of cancers affecting canines. This suggests that incorporating CBD into your pet's cancer care plan might be beneficial; however, always consult with your veterinarian before making any decisions regarding treatments or supplements for your dog's specific needs.
Evidence for the potential benefits of CBD for pets is mounting. But remember, always consult with your veterinarian before introducing any new supplements or treatments to ensure the best possible care for your furry family member.
Other Potential Benefits of Using CBD Products for Your Pet
Let's dive deeper into the world of CBD benefits for our furry friends.
Beyond anxiety relief, there are numerous other potential advantages to incorporating CBD products into your pet's routine.
We've gathered some noteworthy examples:
- Fighting Infections: Some studies suggest that CBD may possess antibacterial properties, helping pets combat infections and maintain overall health.
- Treating Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD): Research indicates that CBD can reduce inflammation in the digestive tract, potentially providing relief for pets suffering from IBD.
- Slowing Degenerative Myelopathy Progression: This neurological condition affects older dogs; however, early evidence suggests that CBD might slow its progression and improve their quality of life.
- Nausea Relief & Appetite Stimulation: Pets experiencing nausea or loss of appetite due to illness or medication side effects could benefit from using CBD as it has been shown to alleviate these symptoms in humans and animals alike.
Please note: While many pet owners have reported positive results with these uses, more research is needed before definitive conclusions can be drawn regarding their effectiveness. Always consult your veterinarian before introducing any new supplement or treatment into your pet's regimen.
Incorporating high-quality CBD products, such as oils or treats specifically formulated for pets, can offer a natural alternative to traditional medications, potentially improving your pet's overall well-being.
Remember to start with a low dosage and monitor your pet closely for any changes or side effects.
With proper care and guidance from a trusted veterinarian, CBD could become an invaluable tool in promoting the health and happiness of our beloved companions.
Challenges Faced by Veterinary Medicine Field Regarding Cannabis-related Substances
It's no secret that the veterinary medicine field is facing significant hurdles when it comes to cannabis-related substances.
Legal restrictions make it difficult for veterinarians and researchers to explore the full potential of CBD and other cannabinoids in treating various pet ailments.
The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) acknowledges these challenges and is working hard to push for more research opportunities.
- Regulatory Barriers: One major obstacle is obtaining necessary approvals required for carrying out clinical trials involving administration of cannabinoids on domesticated companion species such as cats, horses, birds, reptiles, and fish.
- Lack of Standardization: Another challenge faced by the industry is a lack of standardization in terms of dosing guidelines and product quality control. Pet owners may be at a loss as to what exactly they are giving their animal companions.
- Educational Gaps: Many veterinarians aren't well-versed in cannabinoid therapy due to limited resources available on this topic. As a result, they may be hesitant or unable to recommend CBD products confidently.
In spite of these obstacles, there have been some exciting advancements made recently regarding cannabis use with animals. For example, a study published in Frontiers in Veterinary Science showed promising results for CBD's effectiveness in treating canine epilepsy and osteoarthritis. Moreover, Cornell University conducted a study indicating substantial pain alleviation in dogs with osteoarthritis when given CBD oil.
As research continues to progress, we hope that the veterinary medicine field will overcome these challenges and unlock the full potential of cannabis-related substances for pets' well-being.
FAQs in Relation to Cbd for Pets
Does CBD actually work on pets?
Yes, CBD has been shown to be effective in managing various symptoms in pets, such as anxiety, pain, and inflammation. However, it is essential to use high-quality products specifically formulated for animals and follow appropriate dosing guidelines.
What are some facts about CBD for pets?
- CBD is a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis plants
- It interacts with the endocannabinoid system present in both humans and animals
- Potential benefits include reduced anxiety, pain relief, and improved sleep quality
- Dosing should be based on your pet's weight and condition being treated
- Consultation with a veterinarian before using CBD is recommended>}
Do vets recommend CBD for dogs?
Some veterinarians do recommend CBD for dogs but opinions vary. As research continues to emerge supporting its potential benefits, more vets may become open to recommending it. It's crucial to consult with your vet before administering any new supplements or medications.
Is CBD for pets FDA approved?
Currently,the FDA does not approve of any specific products containing cannabinoids like THC or cannabidiol (CBD) intended solely for animal consumption, and there are no FDA-approved marketing claims for these products. However, many pet owners still use CBD products to help manage their pets' symptoms.
From Our Blog
Best prices & offers
Orders $50 or more
24/7 amazing services
Great daily deal
When you sign up
Within 30 days