Your cart is currently empty.
How to Roll a Hash Joint | Rolling Hash
How to Roll a hash joint with no paper? It isn’t so hard to do with practice. For many, smoking hash is one of life’s great pleasures. The high is often mellower and it makes for a great daytime or practical smoke. However, the process of actually smoking it in a joint is quite a bit different than it is with buds.
If you’re looking down at a tasty brown block of hash or a squidgy blob of charas and have no idea where to start using it, WeedRepublic has you covered!
This ‘How to Roll a Hash Joint with no paper’ guide will give you all the information you need to make the perfect hash joint. We cover:
- How to prepare your hash for a joint.
- Making a roach.
- Choosing which rolling papers to use.
- How to load your rolling papers with your smoking mix.
- How to actually roll an amazing hash joints!
Armed with our tips, you’ll be rolling a hash joint with no paper like Snoop in no time!
Thanks to @chasin.flaves for sharing this beautiful shot on ig.
Roll a Hash Joint with No Paper: Sort Your Stash
The first thing that’s important to learn about making a hash joint with no paper is that hash doesn’t burn very well. If you were to try and use only hash in your joint, it would burn hot, harsh, uneven, and probably go out after every puff. That’s not ideal!
Most people mix their hashish with something that burns a little more evenly. That might be cannabis buds or even tobacco. By including tobacco or dried and ground buds, a hash joint with no paper will not only smoke better but it will be easier to roll too.
You’re going to want to process your block of the hash in some way to make it easier to blend with the bud or tobacco. Don’t worry though, this isn’t particularly difficult, but the method you use will depend on the type of hash you have.
How to Roll Hash?
Hash is one of the most popular cannabis products in the world. It’s a sticky, smelly mixture of cannabis and tobacco that’s usually rolled into a joint or smoked through a pipe. Rolling hash is an essential part of the process, and there are many different ways to do it. Here are some tips how to roll hash:
Start with high-quality cannabis. Hash is made from high-quality cannabis, so it’s important to start with quality material. Look for strains that have been bred for their hash potency.
Use quality tobacco. The tobacco used to roll hash should be of good quality and free from contaminants like mold and mildew. Try using a blend that contains natural tobacco, as this will give you the best results.
Hash joints are a type of cannabis joint that typically contains both tobacco and cannabis. They are usually rolled using paper or plastic wrap, with the tobacco taking up much of the joint's space.
If you want to get high and enjoy some good company, there’s nothing like a hash joint. Rolling a hash joint is the process of making cannabis cigarettes using some of the most common plants marijuana.
Rolling a Joint Hack:
There are many ways to smoke marijuana, and rolling a joint hack is one of the most popular. But if you're looking to roll a joint in a hurry, there's an easy hack you can use. All you need is some paper and some tape.
- Start by folding the paper in half so that it's crease-free.
- Tape the folded edge of the paper to one end of the joint rolled out previously.
- Roll the joint using your hands, and then unroll it so that the taped end is now on top.
- Smoke away.
How to Roll a Joint Hack without Filter:
Whether you’re a newbie looking for a low-cost way to enjoy your cannabis or an experienced smoker looking for a more creative and flavorful experience, rolling your joints is the surest way to get the most out of your herb. And with so many different ways to roll joints, there’s no wrong way to do it.
In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to roll a joint hack without filter. By following these simple steps, you can easily create some high-quality buds that will leave you feeling satisfied and content. So let’s get started.
- Get some clean tobacco and paper.
- Cut the tobacco into small pieces and place it in a bowl.
- Add water until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Take a small piece of the tobacco mixture and roll it into a tight ball.
- Place the ball on the paper and use your fingers to press down evenly.
- Repeat Steps 3-5 until all of the tobacco has been used.
Joint Rolling Hacks:
Joint rolling hacks is a great way to enjoy your cannabis with friends. However, there are a few tricks that you can use to improve the quality and experience of your joint rolling. Here are some tips for perfect joint rolling:
- Start with a good-quality joint. A low-quality joint will not roll well, causing it to be brittle and difficult to smoke.
- Preheat the rolling paper before you start. This will help to make the paper easier to grip and will also prevent it from sticking to the marijuana.
- Use consistent pressure while rolling the joint. If you apply too much pressure, the joint can become distorted and difficult to smoke. Conversely, if you apply too little pressure, the joint may not heat evenly and may even come undone during smoking.
Rolling a hash joint is how you make this cannabis into a smoke-able form. There are many ways to rolling hash joint, but the most popular way is by using a pipe called an alchemist's, which has several small holes on one end. You fill the pipe with cannabis and then use the other end to roll the smoke into gentle waves.
Looking to roll some hash, but don't know how. Look no further. This guide will teach you how to roll a hash joint the right way, ensuring an enjoyable experience for both you and your cannabis supplier.
- Start by locating your cannabis supplier. This can be done through online forums or word of mouth. Make sure to do your research on the supplier before meeting with them in person.
- Once you've found your supplier, meet them outside in a public place where there are few people around. The fewer people that know about what you're doing, the better.
- Cut the cannabis into small pieces and place it into the middle of the joint paper. Make sure not to pack too tightly; this will result in poor smoke production and an unpleasant smoking experience.
Types of Hash
There are two main types of hash and each needs a different method to get it ready for smoking in a joint. They are known as squidgy hash (charas) and brick hash. Some hash probably falls somewhere in between the two as well.
Squidgy Hash (or Charas)
Squidgy hash is the name given to weed extracts taken from live plants. It’s usually from North India or Nepal, where the locals call it charas. The hash makers there will grab the living plants and rub the buds between their hands until the trichomes (crystals) that get you high get left behind as a dark brown or black sticky paste on their palms. This is collected and formed into balls ready for sale.
The best way to prepare this variety of hash for use in a joint is to break a bit off your main piece (it will be very soft and malleable) and roll it into a long, thin sausage shape. Make a few of these ready for your hash joint with no paper (depending on how strong you want it to be).
Charas as shown in this image from Weed Supermarket.
Brick hash is commonly made from dry cannabis plants. It’s usually from places like Morocco. When trichomes dry with the plant itself, they become brittle and break off. Hash makers will collect this as fine dust and compress it into firm blocks. These might be crumbly or pretty solid.
If your hash is crumbly, you can just break it down with your fingers into small pieces before mixing it with your tobacco or ground buds. On the other hand, if your hash is a solid piece, you’re going to want to heat it to make it more workable.
Heating hash is best done with a regular old cigarette lighter. The idea is to apply gentle heat, causing the particles to expand so that you can crumble it into pieces small enough to use in a joint. Avoid using a windproof lighter. They might be ideal for lighting the joint in any conditions but it’ll incinerate all of the good stuff from your hash.
You’re basically heating it so that it becomes easier to break up, not to burn it. If your hash turns black or to ash when heating, it got too hot. You’ll have burned off some of its THC content, making for a less potent smoke.
Once you’ve given your brick hash the once over with a lighter, you can pinch a bit off the block and crumble it between your fingers. Go for as fine as possible but you don’t need to work it into an actual powder. When you’re done, it’s ready to be mixed with your tobacco or ground weed buds.
Image Source: Cannabis Wiki
Choose Your Papers
There are all kinds of rolling papers these days. There are long ones like Rowll, short ones like RAW, and even papers that aren’t even made out of paper at all!
To help you understand the different rolling papers, we’ve explained some of the distinctions between the kinds of products out there below:
Raw's King Sized Rolling Kit comes with two packs of papers, a carrying case, filter papers, and a lighter, so you are ready to go!
They're the leaders in all things rolling for a reason - RAW. Completely natural, these papers guarantee a smooth, even burn every time you light up.
You can get papers in a baffling array of sizes these days. The smallest are about 2” and the largest can be 12” or more. If you’ve never rolled a cigarette or a joint of any kind before, we recommend some smaller papers to begin with.
Once you get good at making small joints, the skills transfer pretty easily to making bigger ones. That said, many veteran smokers struggle to roll a joint out of the very biggest papers on the market!
Most rolling papers are made, well, of paper! However, when it comes to that paper, there is actually quite a lot of variation.
Rolling papers come in a range of thicknesses. Generally, connoisseur smokers like to smoke with the thinnest paper possible. Products like OCB's Slim Fit papers are popular.
However, novice smokers will likely find these thinner papers harder to roll with at first. They tend to be less grippy on the fingers and inexperienced hands can struggle with their relative lack of rigidity.
Other manufacturers make their products in a more “natural” way. Untreated, hemp-based products, like RAW and Pure Hemp, are becoming increasingly popular these days. Lacking some of the nasty chemicals of bleached products, they’re an obvious choice for many.
Finally, there are rolling papers that aren’t even made out of paper at all. Products like cellulose papers from Clear are made entirely from plant cellulose and make for some funky looking joints. We don’t recommend these for newbie rollers though, they’re not the easiest to work with!
For the expert rollers out there, these Slim Fit papers from OCB are a must have. Light up more plant material and less paper!
Know exactly what you're inhaling with these Extra Wide Pure Hemp papers.
Make Your Roach
Next, you’re going to want to make a roach. This is the part of the joint that you inhale from and hold. It stops you from burning your fingers as the joint gets near the end. It also stops any of the ingredients from it ending up in your mouth.
A roach is typically made out of cardboard. Any cardboard will do and many people use the cardboard that their rolling papers are packaged in. The problem with that is you can never make enough roaches for the number of papers in the pack.
Crafty rolling paper companies solved this problem by creating designated roach books are always part of any serious smoker’s kit these days. They’re basically just books of pieces of card that are appropriately sized to make a roach out of.
To make a simple roach you want to take your piece of card (around 2cm x 5cm but let’s not get too technical) and roll it into the cylinder. It’s good to roll it as tight as possible because it will definitely expand when you’re rolling your joint. If when rolled into a tight cylinder, you think the roach feels a bit too chunky for your preference, you can unroll it, shorten the card by ripping a small piece off and roll it up again. Voila! A roach.
You've put all that work into rolling the perfect hash joint. Now make sure you get to enjoy it down to its very, very end!
This adorable Narwhal Roach Clip will be there to keep you company while you do it!
Load Your Paper
The next step to rolling your first hash joint is to start packing your paper. There are different approaches you can take here depending on the hash you’re smoking. The idea is to surround the hash with whatever you’re using to help it burn (tobacco or bud).
First, lay your paper on a smooth, clean surface in front of you. You want the gum (a sticky line across the top of the paper) away from you but sticky side up.
If you’re using some form of crumbly hash, the best way to ensure an even smoke is to mix all your ingredients together before rolling. Just mix your crumbled hash and your tobacco or ground weed together on a surface with your fingers and sweep it into either your hand to load the paper, or directly into the rolling paper.
If you’re smoking a squidgy type of hash and you’ve rolled it into long pieces, the mixing method isn’t going to work for you. You’re going to want to layer the hash into the joint instead.
- Put a small amount of tobacco or ground up bud in the bottom of the paper and spread it out along its length.
- Add one or more “worms” (depending on personal tolerance and the occasion). You want to make sure you get a bit of hash in every drag so trim them to cover the length if you need to.
- Add some more tobacco or ground up buds to completely cover the hash “worms”.
Distribution of the materials is crucial to making a good joint. The way you lay everything out will have a big impact on the shape of the finished article. If you want to roll a cone (and who doesn’t), you need to taper down the amount used towards the roach end.
You can actually put the roach in at this point too. Sit it at the side of the joint of the hand you write with. You want to line up the end of your roach with the edge of the paper. Move any materials away from the roach area before you put the roach in and then smooth the joint’s contents back up against it again.
Ideally, you want the materials, when slightly compacted, to form a perfectly straight line from the roach to the end of the joint itself. You probably won’t get this first go, but that’s what we’re aiming for.
Roll a Hash Joint: The Important Bit!
Rolling the joint is the hardest part of the whole task – so much so that many lifelong stoners struggle to roll a decent one. It’s difficult to explain and requires a lot of practice but here goes:
- Carefully pick up your rolling paper loaded with joint ingredients and roach. You want to be holding it in front of you in both hands between your thumbs and fingers. This is going to feel weird at first.
- Pinch the contents and roll them backward and forwards between your thumb and fingers. You’re not trying to roll the joint first time. This bit is about smoothing out all the ingredients into the correct shape.
- When you’re happy with your shaping efforts, you want to take the paper surrounding the roach between the thumb and fingers of the hand you write with and support the joint with the other hand about two-thirds of the way along.
- Supporting the paper at the back with your fingers, pull your thumbs down until you can push the edge of the paper behind the materials – particularly around the roach.
- Rollback the opposite way and you should see that all the materials and roach are now encased in the paper. You just need to continue rolling until only the gum is exposed along the edge of the joint.
- Lick the gum and stick it down along the joint.
- Poke the end of the joint down to take out any sagginess common in novice joints and so that you can twist the end so none of the good stuff falls out.
- Light it up and enjoy it!
“Can’t Roll” Hacks
As you probably gathered from the above, rolling is a bit of an art. It’s not the easiest thing to teach or explain. Once you understand the process it’s just about practicing a lot. However, for impatient folks, there are a few hacks you can employ to enjoy a higher quality joint in less time.
- Rolling machine: A rolling machine like the Futurola is a great way to create uniform quality joints fast, even for novices.
- Rolling mat: The same principle as a rolling machine, just a little more old-school.
- The fold-over-with-flat-surface trick: Ok, so there’s probably a better name for this but we don’t know it! A lot of people make perfectly smokable joints without really rolling them at all. Instead, they kind of wrap the paper around their ingredients by folding it over them and then again on itself. The results aren’t usually super-pretty but it’s easier than properly rolling a joint.
Save yourself the time and guarantee the perfect roll! We love the super easy to use, adjustable rolling box from RAW, and think you will too!
Keep on Rolling
That’s all there is to it. Hopefully, thanks to our guide on ‘How to Roll a Hash Joint’ you now have a pretty solid understanding of how to roll your very first hash joint. Hash is an often-underrated form of cannabis these days. It got a bad reputation in the late 1990s as an influx of terrible quality stuff flooded particularly the European market.
More recently, the quality is right back up there and there’s even more diversity than there is in the world of cannabis buds. A hash made from Blue Dream in bubble bags like will be worlds apart from that found in the Riff Mountains of Morocco. In fact, the sticky, treacle charas from Northern India is a particular favorite smoke here at the WeedRepublic!
Written by Megan Medeiros (BA)
Megan Medeiros has a bachelor’s degree in English and is currently working on a master’s in English at James Madison University. She's the owner and operator of Medeiros Writing, and has been working as a cannabis writer for the past three years, mostly following the legal climate of marijuana, especially in areas like California, Colorado, Oregon, Canada, and other legal areas.
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page. All photos were sourced from Pinterest.com | updated 2021
Leave a Comment
Stay home & get your daily
needs from our shop
Start You'r Daily Shopping with Nest Mart
Best prices & offers
Orders $50 or more
24/7 amazing services
Great daily deal
When you sign up
Within 30 days