5 best bong cleaners on amazon
As a smoker, the most important thing on your list should be bong cleaners. Some bongs can’t be cleaned as easily as others, this is why it’s very important to choose your bong carefully. See our other article on the best of the best bongs on Amazon for more information.
The glass bottles themselves can be easily cleaned with a simple solution formula, or even with a standard bottle brush. Bottle brushes can be ideal for getting into those hard to reach places, such as the inside part of glass bottles, straws, and jars. Some of the bong cleaners below are all-inclusive kits, which include scouring brushes and smaller pipe cleaners.
These products and solutions can be used to clean other utensils, such as herb grinders and regular pipes. Sick of your grinder always getting sticky? Check out the list of solutions and brushes which can help you to have a clean smoke, gunk free.
Bong cleaners are a universal tool. With a simple cleaning solution of hot water, alcohol, and salt in the water you can practically use this remedy on most glass jars, bottles, and many other tricky objects. Even gunky resin-based stains can be cleaned from sinks and kitchen surfaces. All of the products are tried and tested.
What you will find in this article:
- 5 different bong cleaners, each are pretty different from the others
- Some information about how to clean your bong, using different methods
- Some information about taking care of your bong
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of smoking a bong?
Hygiene should be of utmost importance as a smoker, that is why we have listed the very best bong cleaners on Amazon:
#1 The winner
GRAND MASTER SMOKE (32oz) Soak & Wash
So, most of you know the old technique of using saltwater and isopropyl alcohol, right? Well, there is a fairly big problem with this technique for cleaning your bong. Although one of the bong cleaners on our list is isopropyl alcohol (we couldn’t have an article about the best bong cleaners without mentioning it) what a lot of people don’t realize is that it causes your entire piece to stick like chemicals for a few hours, if not for a few days. Now, this might not affect some people, but as someone who smokes a lot of weed from bongs, I hate the idea of inhaling a load of chemicals, or just the smells of the chemicals (especially alcohol, I really hate alcohol too) when I take a bong hit. That is why a product like this is our number one on our list. It does the same job as isopropyl alcohol, it thoroughly and completely cleans your bong, but it does so without making the entire bong stink like chemicals.
What we love about this product:
It’s up for debate what you prefer, but if you want to try isopropyl alcohol instead, check out #4 on our list. In the meantime, enjoy our comprehensive list of the best bong cleaners on Amazon. Regardless of the others, this one is rated as the highest and most efficient of all the different bong cleaning products.
#2 The runner up
Cleaner - Pyrex, Glass, Metal and Ceramic - $13.99
Formula 420 Original Cleaner is a very quick and effective bong cleaner. Highly rated as the best bong cleaner around, this product takes only five minutes to make your glass or ceramic look brand new. Compared to other similar bong cleaning solutions, this one is relatively cheap. This bong cleaner has a simple formula of large coarse salt, water, and other resin degrading chemicals. You must shake the bottle to ensure the perfect mix of salt and liquid.
#3 Close but no cigar
KLEAR KINE Kryptonite Glass Cleaner - $19.99
A very close second place goes to “KLEAR KINE Kryptonite Glass Cleaner”. This product has been voted as the best and most efficient glass and ceramic cleaner. ‘KLEAR KINE’ comes tried and tested by scientists to ensure your cleaning experience is 100% effective.
#4, A stone-cold classic
Pure Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol $21.55
Taking a more simplified route on the road to bong hygiene, this product by Duda Energy offers industry-grade, concentrated 99+% pure alcohol formula. Being a federal grade, this means it has to be over 99% alcohol. At the highest of purities, this can be used as hand sanitizer or general cleaning. In this case, it’s the perfect product to sterilize your bong.
#5 A newcomer amongst our midst
KLEAR Kryptonite Naked Glass Cleaner - $16.99
This elegant and new cleaner offers a stylish and instructive method of bong cleaning. With cutting edge techniques of cleaning and sanitizing, this product will no doubt be the one you purchase! “Naked” meaning, pure and harmless, has relevance to its impact on the environment. Read on for more information.
Unlike harsher chemicals, the Kryptonite Naked Glass Cleaner offers a glass safe alternative, meaning you won't risk any unnecessary damage to your bong or water pipe. Simply follow the formula, “Coat, Relax, Rinse”. This is an effective glass and ceramic cleaner from Colorado USA. This brand is among the leading environmentally friendly cleaning solutions on the market today. Being manufactured in Colorado, you can be sure it's going to be in your best interest and the best friend of any herb smoker.
How do I clean my glass water pipe?
- Firstly, you wash the pipe in warm water.
- Empty the water, and apply a little bit of your solution through the lower part of the bong.
- Flip the pipe over, to ensure all of your solutions reaches every space.
- Apply more of your solution to any area that hasn’t been reached
- Once fully coated in the solution, leave the pipe alone for 30 minutes before rinsing with warm water
- Finally, when rinsed, make sure you have no more solution on your bong, sit back, and relax.
- You should really let it dry, and also make sure that you’ve removed any alcohol from the bong. It’s not dangerous particularly, but it might affect the taste.
- Another method of cleaning your bong is simply sticking it in the dishwasher, but this is only available if you have one, and you’re not trying to be discreet about your smoking.
It’s completely up to you whether you make your own solution, or if you pick one from our list. A lot of people say that products like #1, #2, #3, and #5, are “overpriced bottled water”, but it really is up for debate. If you have a really sensitive throat or mouth and detest the idea of inhaling the taste of chemicals etc. then you should definitely pick a different product to #4. Isopropyl alcohol is probably the best and cheapest method of cleaning your water pipes and bongs, but the taste can be a huge issue for some people. If you decide to use this method, then simply mix hot water, with salt with isopropyl alcohol and shake it through your bong. Cover the holes at the top and in the middle of your bong and give it a good shake. If you use a very small amount of alcohol there is less chance it will start to ruin the flavor of your bong hit. However, there’s also a chance that this won’t completely wash your bong.
Taking care of your bong
It can be quite hard to take care of your bong because they get dirty incredibly easily. It’s important to wash it every week or so, depending on how frequently you use it. Another great piece of advice I can give you is don’t become too attached to your bongs. They become bad very easily, and once it’s bad, it will permanently affect the flavor of your bong hits. It’s just simply not worth it. If you’re buying an expensive glass bong it’s slightly different, because you don’t want to constantly be spending over $50 on something you smoke out of. That’s why if you have a glass bong you should clean it thoroughly every few days or so, because problems can build up very easily.
If you have a plastic bong, on the other hand, simply wash it every week, and replace it every 1-2 months. It’s simply not worth holding onto a silicone or cheap plastic bong for more than 2 months, because the flavor profile of your weed is so important, especially if you’re a weed connoisseur. You don’t want to be smoking some Gelato dankenstein strain out of a plastic bong which ruins the flavor.
Aside from cleaning it regularly and replacing it when necessary, you should also try to store it in a dry place. Also, ensure that after washing, you dry it thoroughly. You don’t want any moisture left over when you use it. Also, don’t make the frankly disgusting mistake that I used to make when I was younger and didn’t have easy access to changing water. CHANGE YOUR WATER EVERY DAY. I mean it. Please. Change it every day. It’s absolutely disgusting if you don’t. The bong water is grotesque and smells absolutely awful.
What are the advantages of bong smoking?
This is a great question, and I personally love talking about the various pros and cons of the different methods of smoking cannabis. I personally love flower vapes, but I smoke joints and bongs more frequently than I smoke flower vapes for a few reasons.
The main advantages of smoking bong are:
- They get you extremely based, there is a scale, and smoking a bong is stronger than smoking a joint.
- They taste great, and you don’t need tobacco inside them. Unlike with joints, you don’t need any tobacco, and I have (rather successfully) used bongs in the past to help with the cravings associated with nicotine addiction
- You don’t need anything else. You just need weed, a bong, some water, and a lighter (and a gauze depending on the bong). You don’t need to buy anything else at all, you don’t need to charge something (biggest disadvantages of a flower vaporizer), you don’t need to make sure you’ve always got tobacco and skins, you don’t need anything else.
- It’s not that harsh on the throat if you take little bong hits, if you take a big bong hit, you will regret it.
The main disadvantages of smoking bong are:
- AS UNHEALTHY/MORE UNHEALTHY THAN SMOKING A CIGARETTE. A lot of people don’t know this, but taking a bong hit is actually considered to be the same as smoking a cigarette. You’re simply burning plant matter and inhaling the bi-products, that are never going to be healthy. Just because the smoke is cooled down by the water, it doesn’t mean the water filters anything. If you look at a bong that hasn’t been cleaned for 5 years and used every day, you will see what is happening inside your body too. This is why I prefer to use a flower vaporizer
- Glass bongs break easily, plastic bongs are kind of disgusting
- Can’t really smoke on-the-go, not particularly portable (again flower vaporizers make this possible)
- Still, a bit smell when you smoke so not particularly discreet.